- Clarkson Electrical Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
- This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information.
- This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act.
- If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz
- To ensure that Clarksons understand the requirements and expectations regarding privacy and confidentiality.
- To outline the manner in which Clarksons will deal with breaches of this policy and the consequences for failing to follow this policy.
- This policy applies to all assets owned, used, stored and managed by Clarksons. This includes but is not limited to information, hardware, and software.
Privacy and Confidentiality
- Clarksons gathers personal and agency information for statutory and reasonable operational purposes. This policy provides a framework for access to, and use of information gathered in the course of conducting business activities.
- Clarksons will take all reasonable steps consistent with the laws of New Zealand to protect the privacy of the individual or agency when collecting, using, or disclosing information required for business purposes.
- Under the Privacy Act 2020, the Clarksons team have rights and obligations and in particular rights of access to, and correction of, personal information.
- While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
- If you post your personal information on the website’s blog posts, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post publicly is available.
- In relation to some of the services we provide, our website will place a cookie on the hard drive of your computer.
- In addition, our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics for display advertisers, including the following features:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting – which gives us additional insight into who has viewed our paid digital advertising on other websites. This will help us optimise and tailor our advertising.
- DoubleClick Platform integrations & Remarketing with Google Analytics – the integrations between both our web analytics and paid advertising platforms together to give us additional insight. This allows us to tailor our advertising to ensure the right types and offers are shown to you while you are using the internet outside our website.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting – which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our sites.
- Cookies are used to analyse your use of our website and to personalise advertisements when you visit our website.
- The information we collect and share with third parties through cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous (it does not include personal information which is likely to identify you).
- The information may be used to serve you ads in relation to our products when you visit our website and third-party websites.
- While we recommend that you enable cookies on your browsers in order to enjoy all the features of our website, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. Most browsers allow you to control management of cookies. This will be different depending on each user’s PC – refer to your browser help menu for further information.
- Clarksons may, at its sole discretion, amend this policy to suit business needs at any time and will provide an update specifying any such amendments.